Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, today unveiled a series of far-reaching reforms, aimed at energizing the Indian economy through a combination of short-term, medium-term, and long-term measures.
Three prominent themes of the Budget
- Aspirational India - better standards of living with access to health, education and better jobs for all sections of the society
- Economic Development for all - “Sabka Saath , Sabka Vikas , Sabka Vishwas”.
- Caring Society - both humane and compassionate; Antyodaya as an article of faith.
Three broad themes are held together by:
- Corruption free, policy-driven Good Governance.
- Clean and sound financial sector.
- Ease of Living underlined by the three themes of Union Budget 2020-21.
Read more: KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF UNION BUDGET 2020-21
SOURCE: Press Information Bureau, Government of India, Ministry of Finance